Skills & Abilities
• Creative and effective problem solving
• Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and E2 MRP Software
• Experience handling cash transactions/cash management and dealing with the public sector
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effective organization skills with the ability to prioritize and meet objectives
• Team player and contributor with the strong ability to work independently
Librarian part time, Ruth Hooker School, Lord Selkirk School Division / Dec. 2011 to present
• Manage the planning and budgetary functions of library information services, technology and media
• Establish and implement library policies and procedures
• Develop and manage convenient, accessible library and information services
• Order materials and maintain records for payment of invoices
• Prepare reports related to the library’s collection and resources
• Provide effective access to library collections
• Develop and maintain special indexing systems and files on the Destiny system
• Supervise students in the library and on the playground
• Organize and implement special occasions with activities and guest speakers
• Maintain and manage the RHS website
Property Manager, Dynamic Investments Limited / Dec. 2013 to Dec. 2016
• Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
• Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
• Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases; collecting security deposit.
• Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
• Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations; contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
• Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
• Establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
• Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
Assistant to the Controller, Kinetic Machine Works / May 2006 to June 2012
• Assist with clerical duties including receptionist responsibilities, responding to purchasing inquires, providing support to staff and management
• Assist with accounting procedures, including payroll administrator
Parent Volunteer, Happy Thought School, Lord Selkirk School Division / Dec. 2008 to June 2015
• Develop art projects that coincide with the curriculum and teach the art skills needed to complete the project
• Assist teachers with clerical duties and students with homework
• Volunteer for field trips
• Parent Advisory Council President for 2013 Parent Volunteer, RUTH HOOKER SCHOOL, LORD SELKIRK SCHOOL DIVISION DEC. 2014 to current
• Reading Recovery literacy skills volunteer
• Field Trip volunteer
Bachelor of Arts – Intergrated studies, University of Manitoba2006 to present, 90 credits plus
Bachelor of Arts – English, University of Winnipeg2001 to 2003
Media Production Diploma, Assiniboine Community College1998 to 2000
Broadcasting Diploma, Mount Royal College1997 to 1998
High School Diploma, Lord Selkirk Regional Comprehensive Secondary school1997 Graduated with Honors